Weatherizing your home is hands-down the best way to fortify your entryways and reduce energy costs.
Did you know that a drafty home may cost twice as much to heat and cool during extreme weather seasons?
Birdseye Construction offers a free estimate for weatherization, including the following services:
- Caulking the outer edges of all exterior doorways
- Placing vinyl or rubber weather strips to the bottoms of exterior doors and doorjambs
- Adding clear caulk to windows to reduce heat transference
- Upgrading the insulation in your attic
- Spot-checking vents and exhaust fans to be sure they’re airtight
Weatherizing Your Old Windows
Do you think you might need brand new expensive windows to weatherize your home? Well, you probably don’t.
You might be surprised to learn even your old windows can be weatherized with efficient high quality weather stripping.
Click here to learn if you might need windowsill repairs.
Reduces Energy Costs
A fully weatherized and air sealed home will cut back on energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint. It can even reduce interior moisture, which decreases the presence of mold, mildew, and other potential allergens.
Reach out to our experts for a consultation on effective seasonal weatherizing services.